GTD Installations Ltd are a family run business, installing mostly wood burning and multifuel stoves in Herts, Beds and Bucks with over 5 years of experience.
Gareth Daniells, an ex royal marine born and bred in Letchworth and son of Mr Tony Daniells (chimney sweep since 1991) trained as a HETAS engineer back in 2012 and has many years of chimney experience whilst trading as Cleansweep Vac Services (Chimney Sweeping services)
His fiancé Heather, a Microsoft trained engineer and IT teacher, has now taken over the bookings, the website, project management, purchasing and the back office duties.
Find out what we have been installing lately and read what our customers say about us.
Got a question for our HETAS engineer?
* We do not have a showroom which helps keeps costs low and doesn't tie us to a small selection of stove manufacturers. This means we are often able to source stoves at very reasonable prices for our customers.
* If you do buy a stove through us we will provide a stove pipe thermometer for free so that you know when you are using your stove and fuel at is best.
* We only purchase parts and materials from quality suppliers and if you live in Hitchin, Hertfordshire; we provide a free survey and quotation service. We can visit early mornings and at weekends if it is more convenient for you.
* Being HETAS trained and registered means that your installation will meet with current building regulations.
* You will not have to apply for permission from the local council to install your stove and it will also not need inspecting afterwards.
* A HETAS approved installer has to undertakeregular training and then keep up with the latest changes in the industry and regularly have their work inspected.
* They also must have adequate public liability insurances, therefore using a HETAS engineer ensures that all aspects of your installation are safe and legal.
Gareth has installed hundreds of stoves throughout Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Midlands and North London over the last few years and has a wealth of experience and a trusted reputation. Gareth achieved his HETAS certification in 2012 and has been installing dry systems ever since.
If you are thinking of purchasing a woodburner to connect to your central heating then you will need to check on the HETAS website for a wet system installer. Search for HETAS approved engineer on the HETAS website
Visit our facebook and Google+ pages for more information and images of our work and woodburner installations by our HETAS approved installer; Gareth Daniells. If you are an existing customer it would be great if you could like us or even write us a review!
You should be starting to use your woodburner or multi-fuel stove less now so time for a check-up
Check over the rope seal on the door and the seal on the pipe connected to the stove, check the cowl is still on top of the pot and that there are no cracks or loose bricks in the chimney stack. Take a look at the vermiculite fire bricks inside the stove and consider replacing if cracked, missing or under 5mm thick. Check the batteries in your smoke alarm and consider booking in for a chimney sweep.
Visit our sister site to book a chimney sweep and stove check-up online.